Disable annotations

Mirko Lugano

Jan 9, 2015, 9:56:48 AM1/9/15
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi I am testing the html5 web viewer 1.7.1, it works great but I would like to disable completely annotations. I already have removed the annotations tab in the UI of the web viewer, and for initialization I have used this code

new PDFTron.WebViewer({
                    type: "html5",
                    path: "../Scripts/lib/webViewer",
                    initialDoc: initialDoc,
                    annotationAdmin: false,
                    config: "../Scripts/lib/webViewer/config.js",
                    enableAnnotations: false,
                    streaming: false
                }, viewerElement)

but even though I set both annotation-specific settings to false, I still see this network call in my browser console:

"Scripts/lib/webViewer/html5/annotationHandler.php?_=1420813998858"

which is causing a problem because our application runs on .NET and I would like to avoid (if possible) turning on PHP support on IIS for something that we won't probably even use. Am I missing some other configuration setting?
Thanx

Matt Parizeau

Jan 9, 2015, 5:19:58 PM1/9/15
to pdfnet-w...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mirko,

To disable this first find the ReaderControlConfig.js file. Inside you can remove the serverURL property on the ReaderControl.config object which will stop the request from being made.

Matt Parizeau
Software Developer
PDFTron Systems Inc.