Extracting multimedia annotations

Aleks Clark

Jun 18, 2014, 10:51:41 AM6/18/14
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
Greetings, I'm using the ruby SDK and wish to know if it's possible to extract the raw data from the multimedia annotations embedded within a pdf. It would also be nice to be able to embed these in xfdf, but I suspect that's a non-starter?

Aaron

Jun 18, 2014, 1:06:02 PM6/18/14
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
Hello Aleks,

You should be able to follow the advice at https://groups.google.com/d/msg/pdfnet-sdk/0-9tjRVpG9U/zwnnl0QL8wEJ, using the Ruby Annotation sample code (http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/samplecode/AnnotationTest.rb.html) as a starting point.

Multimedia support within XFDF may happen at some point in the future, but is not currently available.

Support

Jun 18, 2014, 1:39:14 PM6/18/14
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com

Its not in Ruby, but the nice thing about PDFNet is that API is identical across languages. So you can follow the code from these articles and adopt them to Ruby:

Aleks Clark

Jun 19, 2014, 2:33:59 PM6/19/14
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
excellent, thanks for the help guys.