How do I export to individual separations using PDFDraw.

Ryan

Jan 13, 2017, 1:32:47 PM1/13/17
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
Question:

I see in the latest 6.7.1 release that you now support the Export to individual separations using PDFDraw. Rather than converting to an output format such as RGB, PDFDraw can now preserve separations. Output can be in the form of a single N-channel TIFF, or to a number of output files, one for each separate ink in the source document.

However, I cannot find any way to do this?

Answer:

The sample code for this is in Example 9 of the PDFDrawTest sample code that comes with the SDK downloads. Below though is simplified version.

using (PDFDoc separation_doc = new PDFDoc(input_path + "op_blend_test.pdf"))
{
 separation_doc
.InitSecurityHandler();

 ObjSet hint_set = new ObjSet();
 Obj separation_hint = hint_set.CreateDict();
 separation_hint
.PutName("ColorSpace", "Separation");
 draw
.SetDPI(96);
 draw
.SetImageSmoothing(true, true);

// set overprint preview to always on
 draw
.SetOverprint(PDFRasterizer.OverprintPreviewMode.e_op_on);

// Create a PNG file for each separation channel
 filename
= "separation";
 draw
.Export(separation_doc.GetPage(1), output_path + filename, "PNG", separation_hint);

// Create single multi-channel TIF file
 filename
= "separation_NChannel.tif";
 draw
.Export(separation_doc.GetPage(1), output_path + filename, "TIFF", separation_hint);
}