Re: pdfDraw.DrawInRect MEMORY issue

Support

Jan 2, 2013, 4:45:20 PM1/2/13
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com

PDFDraw needs lots of memory to render/rasterize the page content. The memory requrements depends on the required resoultion. For example 8.5 x 11 inch page at 200 DPI will require 8.5 x 11 x 200 x 72 x 4 bytes ... just to store the output image! Once this memoy is allocated it is being reused for subsequent pages. If you want to lower memory requirements please this post...

On Friday, December 28, 2012 1:30:43 PM UTC-8, JT wrote:
We are using the pdfDraw.DrawInRect  (pdfnet11) to print out pdf documents, based on the pdfprint sample.  When we have a large document, with approx 900 pages to print and the first pdfDraw.DrawInRect(page, gr, rect) statement runs in the printpage handler, the memory jumps up dramatically. Is it rendering the entire pdf to get the one page? Each printpage afterwards does not seem to do that. I don't understand why the size of the document being printing affects the print page memory .

Is there anything we can do to avoid this?