HTML2PDF -> Convert is failing with no errors or output available

Todd Cornett

Sep 12, 2013, 8:02:37 PM9/12/13
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
I have attached my VERY BASIC sample code to this message.  I have verified the HTML is fine but so debugging sake I have reduced it to the VERY simple string below.  When I run this code, I get the following error :

Fatal error: PDFNet: An error occurred during linearization: The document contains no pages. in [FULL_PATH_REDACTED]/pdfnet/PDFNetPHP.php on line 15469

I know this is not complex or even reliable, I am just trying to get a Proof of Concept working.  Is there a log I can look at or any other kind of output to understand what is happening?

            PDFNet::Initialize();
            HTML2PDF
::SetModulePath(dirname(__FILE__).'/../vendors/pdfnet');

            $doc
= new PDFDoc();
            $converter
= new HTML2PDF();

            $html

// Add html data
            $converter
->InsertFromHtmlString( $html );

// Note, InsertFromHtmlString can be mixed with the other Insert methods.
            $converter
->Convert( $doc );

            $this
->log( 'REPORTS :: Convert - ' . $converter->GetHTTPErrorCode() , LOG_DEBUG );

            $doc
->Save($output_path.'/'.$filename, SDFDoc::e_linearized);
            $doc
->Close();

Thanks

Ryan Barr

Sep 12, 2013, 8:27:34 PM9/12/13
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK on behalf of Todd Cornett
Hi Todd.

Which OS are you running? Is it 64bit?

Also, you can call $converter->GetLog() after calling $converter->Convert(). Also Convert() returns false on failure.