Why am I seeing "dl(): Dynamically loaded extensions aren't enabled" when using PHP?

Aaron

Feb 5, 2016, 12:33:43 PM2/5/16
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
Q:

I'm trying to use the PHP bindings for PDFNet. I installed the libraries, but I'm seeing the error message "dl(): Dynamically loaded extensions aren't enabled".  What's going on?

It seems you need to enable dl in php.ini (e.g., "enable_dl = On"): http://phpmotion.com/forum/index.php?topic=11855.0

In case your PHP version or environment does not support dl, you will need to follow the advice at http://php.net/manual/en/function.dl.php and use Extension Loading Directives instead.  You can find advice for doing so at http://php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.extension.  Note that changing extension loading directives require changing that system's php.ini, and so this is under the control the system's administrator, and outside the control of PDFNet wrappers.