Convert HTML (containing SVG) to PDF using PDFNetJs in a browser

Armin

May 18, 2017, 9:33:26 PM5/18/17
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
I am evaluating the use of PDFNetJs for one of our customers.

We need in-browser functionality for merging arbitrary PDF files into one single file. Merging works with PDFNetJs like a charm.

The second requirement to create PDF content from HTML including SVG graphics. I could not find any useful information about HTML2PDF support for JavaScript running in a browser. At least there seems to exist an API for HTML2PDF in PDFNetJs but it does not work as expected (in the evaluation version).

My question: Is it possible (and if so how) to convert HTML and SVG to PDF by the help of PDFNetJs running in a browser environment?

Ryan

May 19, 2017, 4:26:14 PM5/19/17
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
Thank you for your interest in our products.

The HTML2PDF API is actually a server side only technology. That API should not be available in PDFNetJS. I'll look to see that corrected for a future release.

Could you clarify why HTML and SVG to PDF conversion is important for you?
Why is it important to do in the browser?

Armin

May 23, 2017, 3:57:43 PM5/23/17
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
Thanks for clarification.

The situation is as follows:
On the server side we have a Salesforce environment where this kind of functionality is not available.
The application is designed to be a cloud-only solution running virtually in any browser.
Some diagrams and graphics are rendered in SVG and would have to be somehow embedded in a PDF document as well.