Looking for high-qulaity PDF to HTML and HTML5 interactive flip book

Support

Jul 4, 2013, 7:05:06 PM7/4/13
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
Q:

All I tried many tools for converting PDF to Html5 and Flash for creating flip book but didn't find anything that really works. Is there anything in PDFNet SDK that I could use to successfully convert to HTML5 interactive flip book?

------------

FYI: PDFTron has just released a new version of WebViewer, PDFNet SDK V6, and DocPub CLI

and one of new features is high-quality PDF to HTML/EPUB conversion.
For some examples, please see: http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/pdf2html/demo.html

To test drive conversion on your own files you can either sign-up for a free PWS account ( http://www.pdftron.com/pws/index.html ) or download DocPub command-line utility ( http://www.pdftron.com/docpub/downloads.html ).

You can convert to EPUB with:
docpub -f epub my.pdf (or) docpub -f html my.pdf
or to XOD (WebViewer format) with: docpub -f html my.pdf

As an alternative to converting to HTML you may want to use WebViewer (http://www.pdftron.com/webviewer). WebViewer offers many advantages over plain HTML (such as compression, DRM, simple file management, and tons of 'out of the box' features that can be completely customized).

For a quick WebViewer demo please see: http://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/demo.html

For a sample flip-book integration, please see http://www.pdftron.com/webviewer/demo/samples.html

Note that WebViewer is relatively low-level tool. You have fairly low-level control and can customize everything. Our primary users are third party value added integrators, however if you are technically savvy you may be able to use this tech on your own.