Better Text Selection to/from clipboard

ASR

Aug 13, 2019, 4:35:55 PM8/13/19
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
I am trying to improve our Pdf text selection method. When I use acrobat viewer and select columnized text the layout is better preserved when pasting into word etc than what I get with GetSelection().GetAsUnicode()...
Is there an example of using GetAsHtml() somewhere? Or any suggestions on preserving some semblance of the original layout?

Thanks.

Ryan

Oct 1, 2019, 2:19:45 PM10/1/19
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
The PDF standard does not define how text is extracted exactly, so each vendor is left to their own design. Some vendors may handle a particular file "better" than others, and vice-versa, but where "better" may be very subjective, and different people may read the same PDF in different reading orders (e.g. magazine/newspaper).

For more advanced column detection please see our PDFGenie tool.