How to prevent other PDF readers from updating the date of an annotation?

Ryan

Apr 19, 2016, 2:25:52 PM4/19/16
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
Question:

After creating an annotation in PDFNet, if I then open it in another reader, it will change the date of the annotation. How can I prevent this from happening?

Answer:

It is up to a particular PDF reader whether it decides to modify an annotation or not. There is no real way to control this from the PDF creation itself.

For example, adding a StickyNote/Text annotation using Adobe Acrobat, and then opening it in Foxit, Foxit will modify (including the date) the Acrobat generated annotation.