HTML2PDF - French characters are rendering invalid symbols

Ryan

Jun 18, 2013, 7:03:31 PM6/18/13
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
Q:
I hope you can help us with an issue we are having with how some characters are showing up as invalid symbols in the PDF.

For example, if we have the following in the HTML:

Comment ça va

This shows up as the following in the PDF after the HTML2PDF conversion:

Comment ça va

This seems to be an encoding issue where the mapped characters to their corresponding glyhs are not the same - is there a way we can we fix this?

---------------------------------------

definitely sounds like an encoding mismatch. If the HTML is not specifying the correct encoding you can call the following.

HTML2PDF.WebPageSettings.SetDefaultEncoding.

and pass this setting object into each of your HTML2PDF.InsertFromUrl calls.

From our documentation...
@note available encodings are Apple Roman, Big5, Big5-HKSCS,
 * CP949, EUC-JP, EUC-KR, GB18030-0, IBM 850,
 * IBM 866, IBM 874, ISO 2022-JP, ISO 8859-1 to 10, ISO 8859-13 to 16,
 * Iscii-Bng, Dev, Gjr, Knd, Mlm, Ori, Pnj, Tlg, Tml, JIS X 0201, JIS X 0208,
 * KOI8-R, KOI8-U, MuleLao-1, ROMAN8, Shift-JIS, TIS-620, TSCII,
 * UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-16BE, UTF-16LE, UTF-32, UTF-32BE, UTF-32LE,
 * Windows-1250 to 1258, WINSAMI2.

John Alderman

Jun 19, 2013, 4:48:25 PM6/19/13
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK on behalf of Ryan
Question:

We're currently creating conversions from pdf to different formats. These include jpg/tiff/png etc.

All seem to be working without issue except for jpg. These conversion seem to have "Washed out" or "Faded" colors.

We're currently doing this with the following code:

PDFDraw draw = null;
ObjSet hint_set = new ObjSet();
Obj mono_hint = null;

draw = new PDFDraw();
draw.SetDPI(dpi);
draw.SetImageSmoothing(true);
draw.Export(_doc.GetPage(pageNumber), outputFileName, ext, mono_hint);

Please offer any suggestions to correct the color output.

Thanks,

John

Support

Jun 20, 2013, 9:10:52 PM6/20/13
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com

It may be related to color management set-up. Could you please send a sample file to support at  pdftron.com
Did you try different color management options (e.g. PDFNet.SetColorManagement(), SetRGB/CMYKProfile etc).