pdfdoc.tryLock()

Siddharth Shah

Jan 12, 2015, 7:41:51 AM1/12/15
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
when trying to save the document, I do a tryLock()... but it always returns me false. What can be the reason?

Aaron

Jan 12, 2015, 3:42:31 PM1/12/15
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
If tryLock failed, it sounds like some thread already holds a read lock on the document.  You can find further advice for locking at:

Siddharth Shah

Jan 12, 2015, 11:15:46 PM1/12/15
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
Yeah I read that... and now I am first doing pdfViewControl.docLock(true);
and then trying lock ... is this good?

Ryan

Jan 12, 2015, 11:44:55 PM1/12/15
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
pdfViewControl.docLock(true) is canceling any threads the viewer launched (such as rendering and find text), and then locks it for read/write.

If you call doc.Lock on the same thread, then that would be fine, though you don't need to (on the same thread).

Any other threads would be locked out though.