Can I use PDFTron to convert iWork and Office documents to PDF locally on iOS?

Support

Jan 14, 2013, 3:21:24 PM1/14/13
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com

Q:

Can I use PDFTron to convert iWork and Office documents to PDF locally on iOS?

---------

Currently PDFTron MS Office to PDF conversion works only on Windows. I believe there are no good/quality solutions that will do this directly on iOS. Most of the existing solutions use cloud based approach (e.g. Adobe PDF Create on iOS).

In this case you could use PDFNet Cloud API (http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/cloud/started.html) to convert MS Office and
other formats to PDF/XPD/XOD.
Alternatively you could host PDFNet SDK on your own servers and implement a similar conversion service. In this case, after you download PDFNet SDK for Windows, please take a look at 'Convert' sample project:

  http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/samplecode.html#Convert