How do I suppress the UIMenuController on iOS

James

Nov 19, 2013, 12:27:34 PM11/19/13
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
Q:

 I am wondering about how to disable the UIMenuController items coming before and after drawing an annotations.

Can you please help me  in implementing the same.

You can alter the tools source code to customize when the menu appears. UIMenuControllers are made visible using the selector setMenuVisible:animated:. If you search the tools source code for this selector, you can see everywhere that it is triggered to appear, and then change the logic to match your project's requirements. I would suggest putting a breakpoint at the three spots in the tools code where setMenuVisible:YES animated: is called. Then when you use the app you can see exactly when/how the menu is made visible, and change the program so that it is not made visible when you don't want it to.