Using Xamarin Mono & PDFNet SDK for cross-platfrom mobile development on iOS, Android, WinRT

Support

Dec 17, 2012, 6:57:32 PM12/17/12
to pdfne...@googlegroups.com
Q: We are developing a mobile app for Android and iOS. One of the components in this app will be to display PDFs. This will be developed in Xamarin Mono. Does your product support C sharp and .NET?

---------

We have a number mobile clients who are successfully using PDFNet with Xamarin Mono on iOS and Android.

Because PDFNet supports both C and C++ binding besides platform specific API (e.g. Objective-C or Java binding) you can access PDFNet in a platform independent way

via C-Interop  (http://docs.xamarin.com/ios/Guides/Advanced_Topics/Native_Interop) or by using the platform specific APIs (e.g. see  http://docs.xamarin.com/ios/Guides/Advanced_Topics/Binding_Objective-C_Libraries).

When it comes to .NET or Windows 8,  PDFTron offers true .NET / WinRT (http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/mobile/windows8_winrt_pdf_library.html)  components so you can directly access all APIs/controls from C#.