Unable to run Python sample code

Ryan

Feb 19, 2016, 1:11:25 PM2/19/16
to PDFTron PDFNet SDK
Question:
I've downloaded a trial version of your pyhton PDFNet SDK. I'm using Ubuntu 15.10 and Python 3.4. When running ImageExtractTest.py I am receiving the following error:

ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (PyInit__PDFNetPython)

Answer:
You need to place 3 files in the Lib folder; _PDFNetPython.pyd, PDFNetPython.py and PDFNetC.so.

The other thing to be aware of, is 32bit and 64bit. If you are on a 64bit OS, then you probably need to run PDFNetC64, which would then mean you need to run 64bit Python.