Some Characters Missing in Image Generated by pdfium

Kamesh Rajendran

Jun 13, 2024, 9:35:33 AMJun 13
to pdfium
Hi Team,

We have been trying to convert a PDF document into an image using pdfium.wasm, but the generated document is missing some characters. However, when we use pdfium.dll for the conversion, it works correctly. Our project relies on pdfium.wasm, and it fails in these scenarios.

We downloaded the latest version of pdfium.wasm from the following link:

https://github.com/bblanchon/pdfium-binaries?tab=readme-ov-file#download

Please check the live sample below, which uses pdfium.wasm to convert PDFs into images: https://pdfviewer.github.io/

Replication steps:

1. Open the GitHub sample link above.
2. Upload the attached PDF document.
3. Click the “Process file” button.

Please find the pdf document as attachment

pdfium-issue.png

Could you please investigate and provide a solution to resolve this issue, as it is affecting our production sites?

example.pdf

Kamesh Rajendran

Jun 13, 2024, 9:37:33 AMJun 13
to pdfium

K. Moon

Jun 14, 2024, 3:25:12 PMJun 14
to Kamesh Rajendran, pdfium
The PDFium project has no association with pdfium.wasm. You should file an issue on GitHub with the maintainer of pdfium-binaries, not here.

geisserml

Jun 15, 2024, 4:54:09 PMJun 15
to pdfium
This isn't a pdfium-binaries issue, either, but rather a usage issue, I think.
You just have to provide pdfium with the relevant fonts, either through default search paths, or via m_pUserFontPaths, as per https://github.com/bblanchon/pdfium-binaries/issues/163#issuecomment-2164863097