Improvements in PDFIUM

Shivam Kumar

May 28, 2024, 12:01:41 PMMay 28
to pdfium
Hi Folks,

I have been using the https://pdfium.googlesource.com/pdfium/+/refs/heads/chromium/4635 version currently and see the latest version as https://pdfium.googlesource.com/pdfium/+/refs/heads/chromium/6504. Wanted to understand the summary of improvements done in the last 2-3 years, which improves the latency, other system improvements etc, which will drive the decision to migrate to latest version.

Lei Zhang

May 29, 2024, 1:58:04 PMMay 29
to Shivam Kumar, pdfium
PDFium does not keep a changelog, so there is no pre-written summary to read. It's best to take your workload and evaluate it against the 2 versions to see if the new version is an improvement from your perspective.

You can diff the public/ directory in the 2 branches to see the public API changes.

On Tue, May 28, 2024 at 9:01 AM Shivam Kumar <krshiv...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Folks,

I have been using the https://pdfium.googlesource.com/pdfium/+/refs/heads/chromium/4635 version currently and see the latest version as https://pdfium.googlesource.com/pdfium/+/refs/heads/chromium/6504. Wanted to understand the summary of improvements done in the last 2-3 years, which improves the latency, other system improvements etc, which will drive the decision to migrate to latest version.

Shivam Kumar

Jun 13, 2024, 3:47:52 AMJun 13
to pdfium
Thanks,