Text selection in sample PDF broken

farhad....@gmail.com

May 23, 2024, 6:00:59 PMMay 23
to pdfium
If I open the attached PDF file in the latest Chrome and try to select a text line, the highlight fills the page and behaves irrationally. The same file opened in Acrobat selects the text lines properly, but the extracted text is garbled. I know this is a kind of "read-only" PDF where mapping to character codes in deliberately randomized to prevent copying or changing the file content.

Application.pdf

Alan Screen

May 23, 2024, 7:08:59 PMMay 23
to farhad....@gmail.com, pdfium
Could you file that as an issue at crbug.com/new?

On Thu, May 23, 2024 at 3:01 PM farhad....@gmail.com <farhad....@gmail.com> wrote:
If I open the attached PDF file in the latest Chrome and try to select a text line, the highlight fills the page and behaves irrationally. The same file opened in Acrobat selects the text lines properly, but the extracted text is garbled. I know this is a kind of "read-only" PDF where mapping to character codes in deliberately randomized to prevent copying or changing the file content.

farhad....@gmail.com

May 28, 2024, 11:13:56 AMMay 28
to pdfium
Done. Thank you!