The procedure entry point u_isalnum_69 could not be located in pdfium.dll

Chris Heimlich

Sep 13, 2021, 12:38:03 PM9/13/21
to pdfium
MS Visual Stduio: 16.11.2
Windows 10 SDK: 10.0.20348.0

My ultimate goal is to build pdfium with V8/XFA enabled, but I thought I'd get started with just base pdfium.

I follow the instructions at the Getting Started page (https://pdfium.googlesource.com/pdfium/) to clone the repo, install the depot_tools, add the proper environment variables, generate an output folder with arguments, and build with ninja. Here is my args.gn

---------------------------------
is_debug = true  # Enable debugging features.
pdf_use_skia = false
pdf_use_skia_paths = false
pdf_enable_xfa = false
pdf_enable_v8 = false
pdf_is_standalone = true
is_component_build = true
pdf_is_complete_lib = false
target_cpu = "x86"

These were selected to get a shared binary lib of basic pdfium as I was having linker issues with the static build and it was over 1GB so I figured I'd move to trying with the much smaller shared build first. Well unfortunately that hasn't worked out either.

After the build succeeded, I created a new VS project on the same machine, placed in the sample code from [https://pdfium.googlesource.com/pdfium/+show/HEAD/docs/getting-started.md], added the public headers to the projects include path and added pdfium.dll.lib to the linker. Then I compiled that project, dropped pdfium.dll, libc++.dll, and zlib.dll next to the executable, ran it... and got the error as noted in the subject line.

I hate to come here crying for help but the documentation for this lib is rather sparse and this seems to be the only place to really ask.

Does anyone know what I can try?

Lei Zhang

Sep 15, 2021, 8:42:49 PM9/15/21
to Chris Heimlich, pdfium