Create an annotation from type FPDF_ANNOT_INK

Stefan Westner

Sep 10, 2018, 1:17:24 PM9/10/18
to pdfium
Hello,

could anybody point me to an example how to create an annotation from type FPDF_ANNOT_INK?

As I assume INK is the annotation which allowas the user to draw freehand on the PDFIUM.

I have the points which draws the user but I don't know how to put it into a FPDF_ANNOT_INK.

I could create other annotations like FPDF_ANNOT_TEXT but I have no idea how to do it with FPDF_ANNOT_INK...

Greetings

Stefan

Henrique Nakashima

Sep 10, 2018, 1:36:00 PM9/10/18
to kicmemm...@gmail.com, pdfium
PDFium doesn't have API calls that allow setting InkList, so there is currently no way to do it. Are you interested in writing a patch to add that capability?

Stefan Westner

Sep 10, 2018, 3:14:24 PM9/10/18
to pdfium
Hello Henrique,

thanks for your answer. Now the things getting more clearer to me.

Foxit has functions like FSPDF_Annot_SetInkList and FSPDF_Annot_GetInkList which I missed in PDFium.

I would really like to see this function in PDFium but I doubt I will not be able to write a patch for PDFium to implement this because my knowledge in this case is not that much which is perhaps needed to implement a patch.

I don't know much about the organisation of people in the PDFium-project since I'm only a user which uses PDFium in his app.

But would it be possible that someone implement the features we need and contribute it to the project and we would pay for the work? I have money to spend but not the knowledge to do it for my own.

Perhaps someone of the programmer which adds the already exiting annotations could do the job?

Greetings

Stefan

Lei Zhang

Sep 20, 2018, 1:09:49 AM9/20/18
to Stefan Westner, pdfium
One way you can contribute is to just file a bug report on [1] to
request APIs you would like to see in PDFium.

[1] https://crbug.com/pdfium/new
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pdfium/120c08ec-2f14-4412-a2de-6b3e3c1f5b35%40googlegroups.com.

Lei Zhang