How do I resolve pdf2text.dll could not be added in .NET ?

Support

Mar 30, 2010, 4:31:12 PM3/30/10
to PDF2Text
Q: I downloaded the evaluation and am attempt to add the library as a
reference to my unit test project. When I select the library name via
"browse" I get the error:

"A reference to 'C:\Documents and Settings\tom.gagne\My Documents
\Downloads\pdf2text_sdk\pdf2text_sdk\lib\pdf2text.dll' could not be
added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that it is a
valid assembly or COM component."

Having loaded many component libraries I'm a little confused with this
message. Have any of you heard of this before?

A: PDF2Text.dll is a plain "C" DLL so it can’t be added as a reference
(You can access it via PInvoke however as shown in samples that come
with the SDK).

In case you are looking for a true .NET assembly which you can add to
your project you may want to use PDFNet SDK (http://www.pdftron.com/
pdfnet/downloads.html). As a starting point you may want to take a
look at TextExtract sample project: http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/samplecode.html#TextExtract