PDF2Text DLL 64-bit support and text streaming from PDF

Support

Nov 3, 2010, 7:18:54 PM11/3/10
to PDF2Text
Q: We are building out a cloud hosted system for PDF conversion. We
really like the feature set of your PDF2Text component. However we’ve
hit one stumbling block and one feature which we would *really* like.

Stumbling block: Is there a PDF2Text dll which can be executed an a
64bit Windows process??

Feature request: Is there any possiblity of getting a version of
PDF2Text which takes a pdf as a STREAM and returns the XML as a
STREAM??? Because our system will be hosted in a cloud environment we
would prefer to a not have to write the PDFs to disk before having
them processed by your dll.

A: PDF2Text is meant for fairly simple and straightforward PDF text
extraction. In case you need more control or 64-bit support you can
want to take a look at PDFNet SDK (http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/)
which will give you more flexibility and power that PDF2Text. PDF2Text
itself is a small utility based on PDFNet.

As a starting point you may want to take a look at TextExtract sample
project: http://www.pdftron.com/pdfnet/samplecode.html#TextExtract

With PDFNet you should be able to support 64-bit machines, stream XML
from PDF, etc.