Keep tab-delimiter

David de Lucca

Aug 5, 2016, 5:30:11 PM8/5/16
to PDF::Reader
Hello folks!

I would like to know if it's possible to keep the tab-delimiter (\t) instead replace it with a bunch of "      " (spaces) when read the PDF file. Is it possible?

Thank in advance.

David

James Healy

Feb 14, 2017, 6:41:55 PM2/14/17
to pdf-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

At this stage, pdf-reader doesn't provide a way to keep the tab
delimiters when extracting text.

In the majority of PDF files, there won't be any tabs. Generally, each
character is individually positioned at precise co-ordinates.

James