Not really PDF Reader specific

Wayne Brissette

Apr 4, 2018, 3:36:55 PM4/4/18
to PDF::Reader
James, you may know the answer to this. I've looked over the PDF Specification and I'm not sure it would be possible, but thought I would ask what your thoughts are...

So comments in a PDF are annotations. I've written a few scripts to look at those and take various actions (identify status of them, etc.). I've had a request to modify one of my scripts and add the ability to delete comments. The closest thing I could see would be to mark the annotation as invisible. But I'm not exactly sure if that would be enough. Any thoughts? I know I couldn't use Reader because, well... it's a reader gem, but there are a few others that will write, so I'll have to take a look at them, but wondered what your thoughts were on using the invisible flag on annots.

-Wayne