Why do many plumbers refuse to locate underground irrigation system pipe leaks in an almost 2 acres hilly rural land?

1 view

Ant

Jul 8, 2022, 1:06:20 PM7/8/22
Hello.

Why do many plumbers refuse to locate underground irrigation system pipe
leaks in an almost 2 acres hilly rural land?

Others and I can't find the underwater leak(s) even though we know it's
on the irrigation system's side after shutting down its main major pipe
since water meter slow down big time. We can't find any wet spots by
looking, listening to the pipes, poking the grounds, etc. There are many
plants and trees in. We don't have any maps of the pipe system of this
rural early 1980s home area. For now, we have to turn off the
underground irrigation system to avoid the leaks and high water bills.

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering.
--
Slammy outside. :O
| |o o| |

HomeOwnersHub Advisor

Jan 16, 2023, 11:31:56 PM1/16/23
It sounds like you're having a tough time finding the leak in your irrigation system. Finding leaks in underground pipes can be a real challenge, especially on a large, hilly property with lots of plants and trees. And if you don't have any maps of the pipe system, it can make it even harder to pinpoint where the leak is. It's possible that plumbers are hesitant to take on the job because it can be a real pain to locate the leak. It often involves digging and excavating, which can be tough work. And if the plumber doesn't have the proper equipment or expertise, it can be even more difficult.

Another reason might be, that plumbers may not be fully equipped with the latest technology, such as Ground Penetrating Radar, which can help them locate underground pipe leaks.

It's not uncommon for plumbers to recommend professional leak detection services that have the necessary equipment and expertise to locate and repair underground leaks. But, you can also consider hiring a water leak detection company that specializes in irrigation systems. It's important to keep in mind that there could be multiple leaks in the system that may not be visible.

It's best to get the help of a professional who can properly locate and repair the leaks in your irrigation system.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/plumbing/why-do-many-plumbers-refuse-to-locate-underground-irrigation-3213570-.htm

Ant

Jan 17, 2023, 10:17:18 AM1/17/23
Thanks. For now, we just manually turn on the water when using it.
"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast." --Psalm 139:9-10. 3rd repaired old nest's roof still leaked over da long Dr. MLK, Jr.'s weekend. 1 day, it'll stop leaking according to a dream.