anti-seize compound on plumbing ?

Orc General

May 30, 2005, 9:19:48 PM5/30/05
Is it a good idea to put some kind of anti-seize compound when you install
faucet valves etc. The idea is that years later you want to be able to
easily unbolt, extract a valve stem etc without struggling with a blowtorch.
This is because after you installed a valve that over time as it sits there
the thing hardens making it very difficult to remove. So anti-seize
compound is a good preventative measure.
These are the same things used in automotive mechanics application, ie when
they bolt things to the engine they would put it around the thread of the
bolt and years later, it can be unbolted easily. The reason I am not sure
is whether this is toxic or not, after all we still have to get water from
the faucet for cooking etc. Any idea?

Ned Flanders

May 31, 2005, 11:45:35 AM5/31/05
I don't think i'd use it there.

"Orc General" <orc_g...@hotmailNOSPEM.com> wrote in message

Red Jacket

May 31, 2005, 12:22:36 PM5/31/05
Why not ? Half my city has lead paint used as
a compound.
The real reason you use it is to *allow the threads to
go in deeper, threads seal, not any compound.

BTW, I just had a heavy metal blood test done. I'm clean.
You have to ax for it. They send the sample to Calif.
I have lead bodies (FB's) in my knee joint and needed to find out
if that's a problem.

"Ned Flanders" <mrst...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Ned Flanders

May 31, 2005, 5:14:18 PM5/31/05
id rather not eat never-sieze thats all.

"Red Jacket" <R...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Eric and Megan Swope

Jun 1, 2005, 8:21:26 PM6/1/05
Is this where plumbers grease or silicone grease could be used? I know
lowes.com specifically says for use as a lubricant on faucet and valve
stems.

"Ned Flanders" <mrst...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Ned Flanders

Jun 2, 2005, 7:38:44 PM6/2/05
silicone not plumbers

"Eric and Megan Swope" <swop...@verizon.net> wrote in message

Richard Snow

Jun 16, 2005, 11:48:06 AM6/16/05
I have a question about hot and cold water tank placings and thought
that someone in your plumbing group may be able to help but I am new to
news groups and whilst I can read them etc I have no idea where to start
in joining them so that I can post a question. Please can you help? Richard

Mike Grooms

Jun 15, 2005, 2:53:20 PM6/15/05

"Richard Snow"

How ironic that you posted a message about how to post a message. Just
do what you did before, but instead of asking how to post a message, just
ask your question.

Ryan Beck

Aug 9, 2020, 7:14:03 PM8/9/20
replying to Orc General, Ryan Beck wrote:
There’s company’s that make food grade anti-seize as well

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/plumbing/anti-seize-compound-on-plumbing-256-.htm