pd-LAunch Is Here

Theron Trowbridge

Apr 25, 2011, 12:37:16 PM4/25/11
to pd...@googlegroups.com
pd-LAunch week is finally here, and we are counting down to the first
meeting of the pd-la patching circle on Saturday.

A reminder of the activities going on.

Today, there is a kick-off reception at UCSD. The event is in the
Calit2 building, third floor. If you need info, let me know.

Wednesday, we will be helping out the Long Beach Boys And Girls Club
at the Eastman/Fairfield location (700 East Del Amo Blvd., Long Beach,
CA, 90807). We're going to be helping the staff and families tune up
their computers and demo the MakerBot and whatever other activities we
can figure out. We'll be starting around 6 pm. Please let me know if
you're planning on coming.

Thursday and Friday we have two great workshops planned at CRASHspace.
Thursday, Hans-Christoph Steiner will be presenting "Starting with
Realtime Audio/Video Interaction" at 7:30 pm. Friday, Chris McCormick
will be presenting "Pd as your embedded audio engine". There are
still spots available for both of these and you can sign up in the
store:

Hans on Thursday:
http://store.crashspacela.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=28

Chris on Friday:
http://store.crashspacela.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=30

Saturday, there's a full day of stuff. Schedule is still TBD, but the
first meeting of the pd-la patching circle will be at around 2 pm.
Interested in Pure Data, Max/MSP, or other real-time graphical
programming environment? Come on by and bring your projects, or just
hang out and chat. There may be a workshop beforehand (more details
soon), and in the evening, we will be doing a Handmade Music-ish night
of Pure Data performances, demos, and talks. All of this will be open
to everyone, so come on by and enjoy!

-Theron
^