Re: [PCTOL: 15866] could someone access my pc remotely to set up openvpn in linux?

RBL

May 19, 2013, 6:01:47 PM5/19/13
to pc...@googlegroups.com
Before answering that question, tell us more about hat it is you are trying to do. In other words, why are you trying to install this?

--
"We've tended to forget that no computer will ever ask a new question." -
Grace Hopper

Rich Levin
Voice: 484-552-4084
Skype: RBLevin
http://www.rblevin.org

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM, Chrissy Pepe <misstox...@gmail.com> wrote:
here's a link for the instructions https://help.ubuntu.com/12.04/serverguide/openvpn.html i want to set up the bridge but im terrible with the instructions. ive been spending long hrs everyday asking people for help and no one is available or they leave me hanging. there's no linux tech support which is very frustrating. i just want someone to access my pc remotely to set up openvpn? is that too much to ask?

David Moskowitz

May 19, 2013, 6:12:51 PM5/19/13
to pc...@googlegroups.com
Yes, but not for a while AND...  before that, I agree with Rich. I know why you want to set up a VPN, but if there are no Linux techs there, what are you trying to accomplish?  Is this for the business or for you or...?

David

David Moskowitz

May 19, 2013, 6:18:47 PM5/19/13
to pc...@googlegroups.com
Oh, one other not so minor nit, since you'd have to give the 3rd party root access, are you REALLY (I mean absolutely positively sure) you want to give that to someone else?  I don't give root access to anyone who doesn't absolutely positively need it. DANGEROUS!

I'd suggest you either get better at instructions or you do the work with someone looking over your shoulder (except when you type passwords) or on the phone when YOU do it. Certificates have to be updated, etc. So this isn't a once and done situation.

David