amazon drm

Joe Mezzanini

Sep 15, 2012, 9:03:39 PM9/15/12
to pctol
is amazon using drm now?
I had to "authorize my machine" to download mp3's

never had to do that before..

--
 God Bless America
theMezz.com

 "There's nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men.
  True nobility is being superior to your former self"
                             - Hemingway

RBL

Sep 16, 2012, 8:08:33 AM9/16/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com
Try moving a file to another machine and playing it.

--
"We've tended to forget that no computer will ever ask a new question." - Grace Hopper

--
This is a message from the PC TALK Online BBS.
* The BBS is open to all.

Joe Mezzanini

Sep 16, 2012, 8:13:31 AM9/16/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com
Yea but, I thought I'd do it the easy way and ask here instead

:-)

--
Sent from my iPhone

Alan Schneider

Sep 16, 2012, 8:21:02 AM9/16/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com
They're not as far as I know.

David Moskowitz

Sep 20, 2012, 2:52:59 PM9/20/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com
Not sure if the MP3 standard supports DRM, so doubtful. However, that doesn't stop Amazon from uniquely identifying each computer/system and authorizing the Amazon Player...

David

Joe Mezzanini

Sep 20, 2012, 4:51:07 PM9/20/12
to pc...@googlegroups.com