Release Candidate 10.38-RC1

Philip Hazel

Aug 31, 2021, 12:41:10 PM8/31/21
to pcre2-dev, pcre-dev
A first Release Candidate for PCRE2 release 10.38 is now available for download from GitHub. I believe these are the correct URLs:

There are two reasons for putting out a new release somewhat earlier than usual: (1) The documentation is updated to show the new URLs for GitHub and Google Groups; (2) An important bug in JIT was fixed. Both seemed to suggest releasing sooner than later. There are a few other changes (see NEWS and ChangeLog). In particular, \K is now forbidden in lookarounds, as in Perl, but I have provided an option to reinstate the previous behaviour.

Please test this pre-release if you can. It is the first one since moving to new infrastructure; please report any problems or infelicities. If there are no issues I will put out the real release in about 4 weeks' time.

Philip