December Meeting

oneadvent

Dec 10, 2012, 7:06:57 AM12/10/12
to pcol...@googlegroups.com
This month, because we are all so busy with the holidays, we will meet at our regular time but the presentation will be an overall view of Linux and some tips and tricks for those that are new to it. I'm going to be doing the main presentation but by no means do I hope to be the only person sharing. We will start with a Linux "history" and description of the various Linux distros as well as some basic terminology that gets tossed around but never explained. I'm hoping some of you can help with history and some of the distros I haven't used (I'm looking at you Slackware people) because I do not think I can give fair justice to something I have no experience with. Lets just relax, keep the topic light and eat some food with Linux friends! The next meeting is December 18th, 2012 at O'zones Pizza. Ah, last note: Not as a requirement but as a request this is ugly sweaters month so dust em off and wear em out.