American Randonneur Award

K T Huber

Jan 24, 2024, 12:12:03 PMJan 24
to PCH Randos
Hi PCH Randonneurs,
I had the pleasure last night of presenting the 2023 American Randonneur Award to Tim Sullivan (RUSA #28). Tim is a San Diego Randonneur, but he frequently rides with PCH Randos.
The AR award is presented for exceptional dedication and service to RUSA. It is the most prestigious of all the awards, given to one person per year by the RUSA Board of Directors.
Tim has been my long time randonneuring mentor and ride buddy. He is one of the main reasons that I got so deeply involved in the rando world. When the RBA vacancy for PCH Randos came up, I was hesitant to take on such a big job. But I kept thinking about Tim's tireless service to randonneuring, and I knew I had to say yes to being RBA.
If you've never ridden with Tim, you should.
Kerin
image3.jpeg

ron caringal

Jan 24, 2024, 12:29:20 PMJan 24
to Kerin Huber, PCH Randos
Congratulations!

d.na...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2024, 11:54:38 PMJan 25
to PCH Randos
Definitely deserving.  He's been active with RUSA from the get go.  When I initially declined the invitation '98 BMB 'Who knew I'd still be doing this', he got me to join.  Not sure he remembers the get together and ride from my house for those going to PBP, and Tim being the only person around who's done the ride, had him give a talk of what to expect, mainly for my benefit as 'What the heck am I getting into'.  He's always the gentleman, asks about my wife which she comments what a nice man.  BTW, she also talks highly of the RBA when you talked with her on the Brevet.
Last year at the end of a Brevet Tim tells me 'Now we're old geezers' I don't consider myself old but like old geezers, we don't know when to stop.'  Congratulations.