Comments on: IHE Patient Care Device Technical Framework Supplement ­ Pulse Oximetry Integration (POI), Rev. 1.0 ­ 2012-06-14

Goldman, Julian M., M.D.

Jul 14, 2012, 6:09:25 PM7/14/12
to pcdco...@googlegroups.com, Ioana Singureanu, Sandy Weininger, David Osborn, John Hedley-Whyte, Mattegunta, Venkata Lalitha Pratyusha
Please see my attached comments on

IHE Patient Care Device Technical Framework Supplement – Pulse Oximetry Integration (POI), Rev. 1.0 – 2012-06-14

Thank you,

Julian

--

Julian M. Goldman, MD
Medical Director, PHS Biomedical Engineering

dispose of the e-mail.
Comments on IHE PO by J Goldman July 14 2012.docx

Ioana Singureanu

Jul 16, 2012, 11:57:06 AM7/16/12
to Goldman, Julian M., M.D., pcdco...@googlegroups.com, Sandy Weininger, David Osborn, John Hedley-Whyte, Mattegunta, Venkata Lalitha Pratyusha
I believe we should be able to address the "specific comments" section without making substantive changes to the document. Regarding the scope of the work, it is consistent with the change request approved by IHE PCD Technical Committee.
I recommend that perhaps we could create a new work item to address the real time or smart alarm use cases you are referring and that are not currently in scope.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Ioana Singureanu <ioana.si...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you, Dr. Goldman. Are you going to be available today at 1pm to discuss/resolve these comments?
--
   Ioana Singureanu
   Eversolve, LLC

--
   Ioana Singureanu
   Eversolve, LLC

Goldman, Julian M., M.D.

Jul 16, 2012, 11:56:03 AM7/16/12
to Ioana Singureanu, pcdco...@googlegroups.com, Mattegunta, Venkata Lalitha Pratyusha
Ioana,
Thank you for asking.
But sorry – in an FDA meeting all day.
Unfortunately I have very limited time this week but I will make sure to find time to discuss any comments that are not clear.
Could chat in the evening or sometime tomorrow afternoon…
Julian

Goldman, Julian M., M.D.

Jul 16, 2012, 12:00:31 PM7/16/12
to Ioana Singureanu, pcdco...@googlegroups.com, Sandy Weininger, David Osborn, John Hedley-Whyte, Mattegunta, Venkata Lalitha Pratyusha
Ioana,

I'm confused: The scope as described in the document is not the scope of the proposed solution in the document?
Suggestion: If there was a change in the clinical use case, that should somehow be incorporated in the document.

Julian

From: Ioana Singureanu <ioana.si...@gmail.com<mailto:ioana.si...@gmail.com>>
Date: Monday, July 16, 2012 11:57 AM
To: Julian Goldman <jmgo...@partners.org<mailto:jmgo...@partners.org>>
Cc: "pcdco...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com>" <pcdco...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com>>, Sandy Weininger <sandy.w...@fda.hhs.gov<mailto:sandy.w...@fda.hhs.gov>>, David Osborn <d.g.o...@ieee.org<mailto:d.g.o...@ieee.org>>, John Hedley-Whyte <isoh...@hms.harvard.edu<mailto:isoh...@hms.harvard.edu>>, Pratyusha V L Mattegunta <VMATT...@PARTNERS.ORG<mailto:VMATT...@PARTNERS.ORG>>

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Ioana Singureanu <ioana.si...@gmail.com<mailto:ioana.si...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Thank you, Dr. Goldman. Are you going to be available today at 1pm to discuss/resolve these comments?

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Goldman, Julian M., M.D. <JMGO...@partners.org<mailto:JMGO...@partners.org>> wrote:
Please see my attached comments on

IHE Patient Care Device Technical Framework Supplement – Pulse Oximetry Integration (POI), Rev. 1.0 – 2012-06-14

Thank you,

Julian

--

Julian M. Goldman, MD
Medical Director, PHS Biomedical Engineering
jmgo...@partners.org<mailto:jmgo...@partners.org>

dispose of the e-mail.

--
Ioana Singureanu
Eversolve, LLC
T: 603 548 5640<tel:603%20548%205640>

Ioana Singureanu

Jul 16, 2012, 11:51:38 AM7/16/12
to Goldman, Julian M., M.D., pcdco...@googlegroups.com, Sandy Weininger, David Osborn, John Hedley-Whyte, Mattegunta, Venkata Lalitha Pratyusha
Thank you, Dr. Goldman. Are you going to be available today at 1pm to discuss/resolve these comments?

Ioana Singureanu

Jul 16, 2012, 12:55:27 PM7/16/12
to Goldman, Julian M., M.D., pcdco...@googlegroups.com, Sandy Weininger, David Osborn, John Hedley-Whyte, Mattegunta, Venkata Lalitha Pratyusha, Rhoads, John, Staudenmaier, Greg (Stod), Tracy Rausch
Sorry, for the confusion. I meant to say that the scope  of the Pulse Oximetry Integration Supplement as it exists today (i.e. pulse integration with clinical information system) is precisely what was approved by the IHE PCD TC and it is consistently reflected in the document, as you pointed out. Here is the original change request:  http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Pulse_Oximetry_Integration_with_Clinical_Application

If we wish to add new use cases (e.g. real-time integration, alarm, smart alarms) we need to create a new change proposal and make some changes to the ACM (Alarm Communication Management) framework, perhaps, rather than the DEC profile as we did so far.
There is also a separate group in ICE-PAC dealing with the real-time integration - - I cc'ed Tracy Rausch on this.  Perhaps we could develop the change request to address pulse oximetry and real-time integrated care environment needs.

My recommendation would be to discuss drafting a new change proposal that reflects the real-time alarm reporting use cases you had in mind.

Kind regards,
Ioana Singureanu

Ioana Singureanu

Jul 16, 2012, 12:59:56 PM7/16/12
to Goldman, Julian M., M.D., pcdco...@googlegroups.com, Sandy Weininger, David Osborn, John Hedley-Whyte, Mattegunta, Venkata Lalitha Pratyusha, Rhoads, John, Staudenmaier, Greg (Stod), Tracy Rausch
The wiki page in the link is the change request that approved:   http://wiki.ihe.net/index.php?title=PCD_Pulse_Oximetry_Integration_with_Clinical_Application

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:57 PM, Goldman, Julian M., M.D. <JMGO...@partners.org> wrote:
Ioana,

I followed the link but can't find the change request ..

Julian

From: Ioana Singureanu <ioana.si...@gmail.com<mailto:ioana.si...@gmail.com><mailto:ioana.si...@gmail.com<mailto:ioana.si...@gmail.com>>>
Date: Monday, July 16, 2012 11:57 AM
To: Julian Goldman <jmgo...@partners.org<mailto:jmgo...@partners.org><mailto:jmgo...@partners.org<mailto:jmgo...@partners.org>>>
Cc: "pcdco...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com><mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com>>" <pcdco...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com><mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com>>>, Sandy Weininger <sandy.w...@fda.hhs.gov<mailto:sandy.w...@fda.hhs.gov><mailto:sandy.w...@fda.hhs.gov<mailto:sandy.w...@fda.hhs.gov>>>, David Osborn <d.g.o...@ieee.org<mailto:d.g.o...@ieee.org><mailto:d.g.o...@ieee.org<mailto:d.g.o...@ieee.org>>>, John Hedley-Whyte <isoh...@hms.harvard.edu<mailto:isoh...@hms.harvard.edu><mailto:isoh...@hms.harvard.edu<mailto:isoh...@hms.harvard.edu>>>, Pratyusha V L Mattegunta <VMATT...@PARTNERS.ORG<mailto:VMATT...@PARTNERS.ORG><mailto:VMATT...@PARTNERS.ORG<mailto:VMATT...@PARTNERS.ORG>>>

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Goldman, Julian M., M.D. <JMGO...@partners.org<mailto:JMGO...@partners.org><mailto:JMGO...@partners.org<mailto:JMGO...@partners.org>>> wrote:
Please see my attached comments on

 IHE Patient Care Device Technical Framework Supplement – Pulse Oximetry Integration (POI), Rev. 1.0 – 2012-06-14

Thank you,

Julian

--

Julian M. Goldman, MD
Medical Director, PHS Biomedical Engineering

dispose of the e-mail.

--
   Ioana Singureanu
   Eversolve, LLC
   T: 603 548 5640<tel:603%20548%205640><tel:603%20548%205640>

--
   Ioana Singureanu
   Eversolve, LLC
   T: 603 548 5640<tel:603%20548%205640>

--
   Ioana Singureanu
   Eversolve, LLC
   T: 603 548 5640<tel:603%20548%205640>

Ioana Singureanu

Jul 16, 2012, 1:00:57 PM7/16/12
to Goldman, Julian M., M.D., pcdco...@googlegroups.com, Sandy Weininger, David Osborn, John Hedley-Whyte, Mattegunta, Venkata Lalitha Pratyusha, Rhoads, John, Staudenmaier, Greg (Stod), Tracy Rausch

Goldman, Julian M., M.D.

Jul 16, 2012, 12:57:45 PM7/16/12
to Ioana Singureanu, pcdco...@googlegroups.com, Sandy Weininger, David Osborn, John Hedley-Whyte, Mattegunta, Venkata Lalitha Pratyusha, Rhoads, John, Staudenmaier, Greg (Stod), Tracy Rausch
Ioana,

I followed the link but can't find the change request ..

Julian

Goldman, Julian M., M.D.

Jul 16, 2012, 1:01:33 PM7/16/12
to Ioana Singureanu, pcdco...@googlegroups.com, Sandy Weininger, David Osborn, John Hedley-Whyte, Mattegunta, Venkata Lalitha Pratyusha, Rhoads, John, Staudenmaier, Greg (Stod), Tracy Rausch
I found the link problem - needed an "s" at the end.

Date: Monday, July 16, 2012 11:57 AM
To: Julian Goldman <jmgo...@partners.org<mailto:jmgo...@partners.org><mailto:jmgo...@partners.org<mailto:jmgo...@partners.org>><mailto:jmgo...@partners.org<mailto:jmgo...@partners.org><mailto:jmgo...@partners.org<mailto:jmgo...@partners.org>>>>
Cc: "pcdco...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com><mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com>><mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com><mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com>>>" <pcdco...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com><mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com>><mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com><mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com<mailto:pcdco...@googlegroups.com>>>>, Sandy Weininger <sandy.w...@fda.hhs.gov<mailto:sandy.w...@fda.hhs.gov><mailto:sandy.w...@fda.hhs.gov<mailto:sandy.w...@fda.hhs.gov>><mailto:sandy.w...@fda.hhs.gov<mailto:sandy.w...@fda.hhs.gov><mailto:sandy.w...@fda.hhs.gov<mailto:sandy.w...@fda.hhs.gov>>>>, David Osborn <d.g.o...@ieee.org<mailto:d.g.o...@ieee.org><mailto:d.g.o...@ieee.org<mailto:d.g.o...@ieee.org>><mailto:d.g.o...@ieee.org<mailto:d.g.o...@ieee.org><mailto:d.g.o...@ieee.org<mailto:d.g.o...@ieee.org>>>>, John Hedley-Whyte <isoh...@hms.harvard.edu<mailto:isoh...@hms.harvard.edu><mailto:isoh...@hms.harvard.edu<mailto:isoh...@hms.harvard.edu>><mailto:isoh...@hms.harvard.edu<mailto:isoh...@hms.harvard.edu><mailto:isoh...@hms.harvard.edu<mailto:isoh...@hms.harvard.edu>>>>, Pratyusha V L Mattegunta <VMATT...@PARTNERS.ORG<mailto:VMATT...@PARTNERS.ORG><mailto:VMATT...@PARTNERS.ORG<mailto:VMATT...@PARTNERS.ORG>><mailto:VMATT...@PARTNERS.ORG<mailto:VMATT...@PARTNERS.ORG><mailto:VMATT...@PARTNERS.ORG<mailto:VMATT...@PARTNERS.ORG>>>>

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Ioana Singureanu <ioana.si...@gmail.com<mailto:ioana.si...@gmail.com><mailto:ioana.si...@gmail.com<mailto:ioana.si...@gmail.com>><mailto:ioana.si...@gmail.com<mailto:ioana.si...@gmail.com><mailto:ioana.si...@gmail.com<mailto:ioana.si...@gmail.com>>>> wrote:

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 6:09 PM, Goldman, Julian M., M.D. <JMGO...@partners.org<mailto:JMGO...@partners.org><mailto:JMGO...@partners.org<mailto:JMGO...@partners.org>><mailto:JMGO...@partners.org<mailto:JMGO...@partners.org><mailto:JMGO...@partners.org<mailto:JMGO...@partners.org>>>> wrote:
Please see my attached comments on

IHE Patient Care Device Technical Framework Supplement – Pulse Oximetry Integration (POI), Rev. 1.0 – 2012-06-14

Thank you,

Julian

--

Julian M. Goldman, MD
Medical Director, PHS Biomedical Engineering
jmgo...@partners.org<mailto:jmgo...@partners.org><mailto:jmgo...@partners.org<mailto:jmgo...@partners.org>><mailto:jmgo...@partners.org<mailto:jmgo...@partners.org><mailto:jmgo...@partners.org<mailto:jmgo...@partners.org>>>

dispose of the e-mail.

--
Ioana Singureanu
Eversolve, LLC
T: 603 548 5640<tel:603%20548%205640><tel:603%20548%205640><tel:603%20548%205640>