write reassembled TCP packets

Dk Jack

Mar 6, 2020, 7:12:29 PM3/6/20
to PcapPlusPlus support
Hi,
I have an applications that processes a pcap. However, the application does not behave well if there any TCP errors such as out-of-oder tcp segments etc. Since PCPP can do reassembly, I was wondering if it'd be possible for PCPP to read the packets from the network device in sniffer mode write output pcap files (or to another interface), after fixing the re-ordering issues. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Dk.

PcapPlusPlus Support

Mar 7, 2020, 5:59:27 AM3/7/20
to Dk Jack, PcapPlusPlus support
Hi Dk,

Do you mean reordering the TCP packets in their right order or do a complete TCP reassembly, meaning do reordering plus extract the TCP data?

The former is an open issue that is discussed here: https://github.com/seladb/PcapPlusPlus/issues/100
@rickyzhang82 implemented this feature in https://github.com/seladb/PcapPlusPlus/pull/337 but it wasn't merged since it isn't compatible with older C++ versions.

The later already exists, it's what the TCP reassembly module does.

Thanks,