configuring when dpdk has been installed with apt.

dewisantf...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2020, 7:30:16 AM7/8/20
to PcapPlusPlus support
I want to build Pcap++ to use DPDK, where DPDK has been installed from the Debian archive rather than built locally.  As there's no DPDK source directory - the header files are in a few locations under /usr/include - what should i set dpdk-home to?

MTIA

PcapPlusPlus Support

Jul 9, 2020, 4:16:12 AM7/9/20
to dewisantf...@gmail.com, PcapPlusPlus support
Hi,

The current configuration and build system doesn't support this use-case unfortunately. It assumes a specific folder structure that comes with the source version of DPDK.
However you can tweak that pretty easily if you change the folder structure in PcapPlusPlus.mk.dpdk:

You may also need to tweak the configuration script, especially where DPDK_HOME is being used:

Finally, if you're using the setup-dpdk.sh script provided with PcapPlusPlus you might need to add some changes there also.

Thanks,
PcapPlusPlus maintainer