Study Visa Rejected for the following reasons and to-do list to re-apply for Visa

COD warrior BD

May 1, 2023, 5:39:39 PM5/1/23
to PBSCU
Hello PBSCU Community,

My wife applied for the M.B.A course of University Canada West. She applied for me as well to go along with her as a full timer. We presented an amount of 50 lac in bank deposit, substantial land and apartment as well. Her sponsor is her father-in-law and mother-in-law (my father and mother).

She completed her Honors in 2013 (actually in 2015 because of session jam) after that she got a job with Grameenphone which she did for 2 years until 2015. After that we got married and she resigned from her job in 2015. From 2015-2017 she did another job at a printing company. From 2017-2022 we showed her work experience with my fathers book shop business. I also showed my experience in my fathers book shop business. As it is the family business i did not do any job anywhere except running this business. I got my B.B.A degree in 2015.

She got an IELTS score of 6.0 (listening-6, reading-5.5, writing-6, speaking-6.5) and Duolingo score of 120 (literacy-120, comprehension-125,conversation-110,production-80).

We applied for the winter semester 2023 and got rejected for the following reasons :
:
I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://aws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors :
  • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable)
  • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.
  • Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
  • Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
Now are have increased our bank balance from 50 lac to 70 lac as the visa officer rejected our application for mostly financial reasons and the price of M.B.A course has also increased in 2023.

Now we want to know what does the Second Reason of rejection mean actually and what can we do to avoid this? And what more supporting documents should we submit to convince the visa officer of our sincerity to study and come back to our country once we are done with the course?

A screenshot of the visa reject reason is also attached with the email. So sorry for the long and detailed question. We really appreciate what you guys at PBSCU do. Waiting for your professional suggestion as we are ready to reapply and aiming for the july session... Thanks in advance.
Visa Reject.JPG

Rahatul Amin Ananto

May 9, 2023, 10:35:20 AM5/9/23
to PBSCU
Firstly, there is a big study gap. You need to address precisely why she is interested in doing this MBA after multiple years of study gap. Secondly, University of Canada West is a private university and not competitive. They generally accept as many students as they wish, therefore visa officers often thinks that students are mainly focused on immigration when they are applying through UCW. Thirdly, IELTS score is low. 5.5 in reading is not recommended to apply for Canadian Visa. at least 6 in each band is necessary. And finally, the amount that you have shown for UCW plus living in BC might be considered low, based on the previous facts that I have mentioned in this comment.

my advice would be: Go for a competitive course in a better University.