VisibleSurface hits difference when using perspective and realistic camera

Aleksandar Babic

Jul 20, 2021, 3:22:18 AM7/20/21
to pbrt
Hi,

I have a simple scene; plane (covers whole field of view) at some distance from a camera.

I'm looking into number of times when condition (visibleSurface && *visibleSurface) is true, and I trace weightSum value for a corresponding pixel (pixel at the center of the image).

I'm bit confused that I do not get same number of hits for the condition above when using perspective and realistic camera. weightSum value is same.
The consequence is that resulting derived values(after integration and weighting) are not equal (nor very close at least); eg. position values provided by gbuffer mechanism get really different.

Is this the intent or I'm missing something?

Many thanks,
Aleksandar