Purchasing PBRT scenes

Dror Weisman

Sep 7, 2022, 8:34:13 AM9/7/22
to pbrt
Hello everyone,
I recently started to work with PBRT an I'm interested in purchasing PBRT scenes. Is there anyone here that prepare and sell his/her work?
If you are familiar with someone, please send me his/her details.
Thank you very much

Matt Pharr

Sep 18, 2022, 1:57:02 PM9/18/22
to pb...@googlegroups.com
I don’t know of any direct sources. FWIW I have had reasonable success converting Evermotion scenes from FBX format to pbrt’s format using assimp: https://github.com/assimp/assimp.

It generally gets the geometry right, gets some of the materials, and then doesn’t get the lights at all. So some manual fixup work is necessary.

For example, this is one of their scenes rendered using pbrt-v4: https://pharr.org/matt/assets/img/kitchen.png

Matt

dcy665

Sep 18, 2022, 4:35:26 PM9/18/22
to pb...@googlegroups.com
Wow. Sometimes it is good to see the actual state of progress from time to time.

Zhenyi Liu

Sep 18, 2022, 7:41:22 PM9/18/22
to pbrt

Here are some other rendered scenes I created with PBRT v4: https://imgur.com/a/dxpB6yE

Instead of using assimp, I am using blender exporter (a modified version from the one recommended in PBRT v4 GitHub) to export the scene from FBX into PBRT format.

Usually, I modify the FBX assets material to meaningful material names and then assign them with corresponding PBRT materials afterwards.

Dror Weisman

Sep 20, 2022, 9:04:16 AM9/20/22
to pbrt
Thanks for responding,
I tried using Evermotion files (the free files they have on their website), and after converting the file to FBX and then converting it to PBRT using assimp, I got the following result:
pbrt.png

I always receive the scene without the corresponding textures when I use assimp.
Any suggestions how to overcome this issue? This is after I manually tried to fix some problems, but couldn't find how to fix it properly.
Regarding the blender option, can you ("loueu...@gmail.com") please contact me directly - drorw...@gmail.com. From what I understand, using blender will require much more manual fixing, for every single object. If there is another way, please contact me. Can you please share with me the pbrt files you showed in the link? I'm also ready to pay for it.