Fwd: GPCOG Rapid Transit Study Virtual Meeting Wed Sep 28, 6-7 pm

Zack Barowitz

Sep 27, 2022, 12:02:34 AM9/27/22
to Portland Bicycle-Pedestrian Advisory Committee
For those who want to geek out on regional issues this seems like an excellent opportunity . . .

Sep 27, 2022, 8:21:15 AM9/27/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com
This story reinforces GPCOG's rapid transit study  – optimize infrastructure, not more construction of roads!

Tony Donovan

Sep 27, 2022, 8:30:43 AM9/27/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com, Kristina Egan
And this article https://blog.usajrealty.com/posts/rtd-light-rail-transit-oriented-development-connect-to-denvers-growth  states out the basis for the success of alternative Transportation in Denver - the investment in Light Rail.  A reminder that the Rapid Transit Study should not ignore the economic and environmental value of the existing railroad infrastructure, owned by the people of the state of Maine, which can and should be used to address congestion and transit in and out of Portland from the west and east.   Railroad infrastructure that is an alternative to continued investments in asphalt roadways and in fact is in a condition that could be put to immediate use (contrary to the "findings" of the <MeDOT hand-picked consultants).

Train Time

Tony Donovan

--
Anthony J. Donovan, Director