Lambert & Summit Street Walk Audit, Saturday 10/29/22 @10:30am

Winston Lumpkins

Oct 16, 2022, 5:54:40 PM10/16/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com

Our next walk audit will start from 501 summit street on Saturday morning at 10:30 am.

It is quite close to Halloween, which is in some ways the Americas Festival of Pedestrians- I can't think of a more seasonal activity than attending a near Halloween walk audit!

We'll be taking a walk around the neighborhood & discussing current challenges to bicycle & pedestrian access, which may get more challenging when the Lambert Woods co-operative housing development is completed.

The City should be working to ensure this type of development is a success.  We'll be gathering information to inform the City about how best to improve pedestrian & bicycle access to the neighborhood, for current & near future residents!

Anyone who'd like to come is more than welcome to come & share their insights, listen to folks who live in the neighborhood & help come up with potential solutions.

I'm will forward this email to the council, and specifically ask the Sustainability & Transportation committee to join us, as well as Councilor Dion, since it will all take place in his District.

Feel free to invite a specific councilor you'd love to go on a walk with on a Saturday morning!

~Winston

Winston Lumpkins IV (he/him/his)

Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
https://www.portlandbikeped.org/

winston....@gmail.com
207-408-1508

winston.lumpkins

Oct 16, 2022, 6:01:34 PM10/16/22
to Portland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
To clarify, that is Saturday the 29th- the Walk Audit will begin at 501 Summit Street at 10:30 AM on the 29th of October.
~Winston

Winston Lumpkins

Oct 16, 2022, 6:26:03 PM10/16/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com, Ruth Bettinger
Here is the Facebook event for the Walk Audit: https://fb.me/e/5wmNKoZ37

Its description has fewer glaring errors than the above email, which is nice ;).

~Winston

Winston Lumpkins IV (he/him/his)

Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
https://www.portlandbikeped.org/

winston....@gmail.com
207-408-1508

Winston Lumpkins

Oct 26, 2022, 2:23:02 PM10/26/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com, Roberto Rodríguez, Mark Dion, Ruth Bettinger
Hi folks,
It looks like we'll have pretty good weather for the Walk Audit this coming Saturday at 10:30 in the morning, meeting at  501 summit street.

50's & sunny- pretty good for the last weekend in October!

Looking forward to seeing folks there,