Naloxone training for bicyclists and pedestrians

Zack Barowitz

Sep 18, 2022, 3:46:51 PM9/18/22
to City Council, Portland Bicycle-Pedestrian Advisory Committee
Mayor and Councilors,
Members of the Bike-Ped committee often discuss the increased empathy that bicyclists and pedestrians have (compared to motorists) in terms of helping people in need that we encounter in the course of face to face interactions. As such, several members would like to participate in naloxone (Narcan) and resuscitation training such as the one shown here by Maine Access Points.
The question came up as to whether the City of Portland provides such training or has a partner who can; if so please direct to the appropriate people.
Thank you,
Zack

--
917-696-5649
ZacharyBarowitz.com

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and confidential,
and only intended for the addressee. Should you receive this message by
mistake, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Please inform
the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Zack Barowitz

Sep 18, 2022, 6:48:00 PM9/18/22
to Kate Snyder, City Council, Portland Bicycle-Pedestrian Advisory Committee, Danielle West-Chuhta, Dena Libner
Thanks Kate, we are looking into options at this point.
Zack

On Sun, Sep 18, 2022 at 5:55 PM Kate Snyder <ksn...@portlandmaine.gov> wrote:
Thanks for being in touch, Zack.
I’ve copied the City Manager here who can direct your question to city staff and/or community partners.
Kate Snyder

On Sep 18, 2022, at 3:46 PM, Zack Barowitz <zbar...@gmail.com> wrote:

Notice: Under Maine law, documents - including e-mails - in the possession of public officials or city employees about government business may be classified as public records. There are very few exceptions. As a result, please be advised that what is written in an e-mail could be released to the public and/or the media if requested.

Zack Barowitz

Sep 20, 2022, 6:48:48 AM9/20/22
to Dena Libner, Kate Snyder, City Council, Portland Bicycle-Pedestrian Advisory Committee, Danielle West-Chuhta
Thank you, our members are excited about this.
Zack

On Mon, Sep 19, 2022 at 10:22 AM Dena Libner <dli...@portlandmaine.gov> wrote:
Hi Zack,

Our public health staff provide community training on overdose response and distribute naloxone. I have asked someone to follow up with you directly - we'd love to work with you on this.

Best,
Dena

Dena Libner, MPA

Chief of Staff