July PBPAC meeting: Monday July 8th, 7PM on Zoom

Winston Lumpkins

Jul 1, 2024, 12:32:22 PMJul 1
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,
Our next meeting is next week, Monday, July 8th!

We'll be meeting on Zoom at: https://maine.zoom.us/j/82362843383

There isn't actually that much on the agenda this month; it may be a short meeting for once!

Most of the agenda is the reports section; which might be brief as I'm not sure how much progress has been made by any of the sub committees. I know the committee structure committee hasn't made much beyond my initial manic research phase.

Reports:

  1. Legislative Sub Committee

  2. Bike Theft Sub Committee

  3. Committee structure subcommittee

  4. Casco and Veterans Bridge ride/run audit report

We'll also be discussing upcoming events, though most of those will be some ways off.

Feel free to email me if there's anything you'd like added to the Agenda!

See you next Monday!

~Winston

Winston Lumpkins IV (he/him/his)

Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
https://www.portlandbikeped.org/

winston....@gmail.com
207-408-1508

winston.lumpkins

Jul 7, 2024, 1:53:48 PMJul 7
to Portland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
I'm looking forward to our meeting tomorrow!

I added a section to the agenda about the next city council meeting, which lands on the 15th this month, we'll discuss attending and making some non-agenda public comments to bring some of our recent letters and work to the attention of the council.

~Winston

Damon Yakovleff

Jul 7, 2024, 3:27:55 PMJul 7
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reminder Winston. Unfortunately I have to miss the meeting tomorrow but wanted to add a couple items to the agenda that we can chew on via the listserve and hopefully you can cover at the meeting:

1) Does anyone know why the raised speed table on Stevens Ave at Deering High School was removed? Is there a plan to restore it?

2) I suggest we plan a Councilor and Candidate Ride in late September or early October to cover the long envisioned circum-peninsula bicycle route. This would cover large portions of Council Districts 1 and 2, and be a good opportunity to talk about some good work that has been done in the past, and what's still needed to complete the full loop. Ideally we can get some City staff to attend the ride and give updates on upcoming connections in Bayside and Parkside.

Derek M. Strout

Jul 7, 2024, 6:03:43 PMJul 7
to PB...@googlegroups.com

Zack Barowitz

Jul 8, 2024, 7:55:18 AMJul 8
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Yea, it looks like the DoT has plans for traffic calming on Stevens Ave. I didn't see a narrative description/summary but the drawings suggest as much.

917-696-5649
ZacharyBarowitz.com

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and confidential,
and only intended for the addressee. Should you receive this message by
mistake, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Please inform
the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

pbpac.chair

Jul 8, 2024, 9:02:46 PMJul 8
to Portland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
Thanks all for attending! Minutes can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EK4t0CSARCLNi453Sq5WciBHJTPIoTCz/view?usp=sharing

Action item highlights:
  • We plan to release the final York Street + Casco Bay Bridge walk audit report towards the end of the week, so please make any final suggestions before the end of the week! (More Info)
  • Some folks will be attending the (double) council meeting on Monday 7/15 to speak in support of the recommendations discussed in the report - if you are interested, please reach out to Winston - we would love to coordinate efforts!
  • Gordon has volunteered to lead tabling at an event the city's sustainability office and Portland Bike Party is putting on at Orange Bike Brewing on Friday 7/19 at 6pm (more info) - stay tuned for a post from him with more info if you want to help table!
  • If you are interested in helping plan the September Councilor + Candidate ride, reach out to one of the executive committee members! We hope to begin planning soon.