Casco Bay and Veterans Memorial Bridges: Ride Audit June 30th 10 AM

Portland Bike Ped

Jun 14, 2024, 11:05:55 AMJun 14
to citym...@portlandmaine.gov, GJo...@portlandmaine.gov, dli...@portlandmaine.gov, md...@portlandmaine.gov, cou...@portlandmaine.gov, je...@bikemaine.org, ja...@trails.org, in...@gpcog.org, cc...@gpcog.org, acl...@gpcog.org, rhar...@gpcog.org, maya....@gmail.com, brando...@gmail.com, benjami...@gmail.com, wes.pe...@gmail.com, englishfor...@gmail.com, blac...@gmail.com, rtodd...@gmail.com, yusuffors...@gmail.com, Grayson...@legislature.maine.gov, Ed.Cr...@legislature.maine.gov, Rachel.T...@legislature.maine.gov, Michael...@legislature.maine.gov, Sam....@legislature.maine.gov, Matt....@legislature.maine.gov, Charle...@legislature.maine.gov, jill....@legislature.maine.gov, Ben.C...@legislature.maine.gov, Christoph...@legislature.maine.gov, Deqa....@legislature.maine.gov, Matthe...@legislature.maine.gov, Jake4P...@gmail.com, PL3...@gmail.com, CatherineNeko...@gmail.com
Dear Mayor Dion, Members of the Portland City Council,
CC:  Prospective councilors, school board members, State legislators, Safe streets advocates on both sides of the bridge,

On June 30th the Portland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee plans to hold a ride audit of the Casco Bay Bridge, the Veterans Memorial Bridge and the trails and roads that connect them to neighborhoods in Both Portland and South Portland. We plan on writing a report of the ride, which will be written in collaboration with everyone who shows up. We will be riding at a slow pace and stopping often to discuss the infrastructure that we come across, the ride will be about 6 miles long.

The Route will be very much like this: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/46822633

You're invited to join us!

We'll depart from the top of Harbor View Park a little after 10 AM on Sunday, June 30th.  There will be a few minutes given to introductions, so if councilors or candidates want to participate but aren't comfortable with a 5 or 6 mile bike ride, they are welcome to join us at the start and see us off.

Stay tuned for the report, and I hope to see you on the 30th.

~Winston
--

Winston Lumpkins IV (he/him/his)

Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
https://www.portlandbikeped.org/

winston....@gmail.com
207-408-1508

Scsmedia

Jun 14, 2024, 11:59:21 AMJun 14
to pb...@googlegroups.com
I was not done updating the list.

Steven

Winston Lumpkins

Jun 14, 2024, 12:19:12 PMJun 14
to PB...@googlegroups.com

I'll just forward to whomever else you add this Eve- had to run to work

Portland Bike Ped

Jun 28, 2024, 9:49:48 AMJun 28
to citym...@portlandmaine.gov, GJo...@portlandmaine.gov, dli...@portlandmaine.gov, md...@portlandmaine.gov, cou...@portlandmaine.gov, je...@bikemaine.org, ja...@trails.org, Maya....@gmail.com, Abu2...@yahoo.com, Jake4P...@gmail.com, PL3...@gmail.com, Brando...@gmail.com, Benjami...@gmail.com, Lookner...@gmail.com, Wanderi...@gmail.com, CatherineNeko...@gmail.com, EnglishFor...@gmail.com, AbBo...@usfca.edu, W...@wesfordistrict2.com, RTodd...@gmail.com, DP...@pughfoundation.org, YusufForM...@gmail.com, Em...@greenway.org, In...@gpcog.org, CC...@gpcog.org, ACl...@gpcog.org, RHar...@gpcog.org, Jill....@legislature.maine.gov, Ben.C...@legislature.maine.gov, Ed.Cr...@legislature.maine.gov, Grayson...@legislature.maine.gov, Benjamin...@legislature.maine.gov, Michael...@legislature.maine.gov, Sam....@legislature.maine.gov, Matt....@legislature.maine.gov, Rachel.T...@legislature.maine.gov, Charle...@legislature.maine.gov, Christoph...@legislature.maine.gov, Deqa....@legislature.maine.gov, Matthe...@legislature.maine.gov
Dear Mayor Dion, Members of the Portland City Council,
CC:  Prospective councilors, school board members, State legislators, Safe streets advocates on both sides of the bridge,

Right now the weather looks like we might get a break in the rain on Sunday at just the right time to allow for a mostly dry ride, but stay tuned: I'll send a follow up email if the forecast changes: we definitely don't want to be out there if there's a chance of thunderstorms.

We'll depart from the top of Harbor View Park a little after 10 AM on Sunday June 30, or the Next Sunday July 7th, if it really is raining on Sunday morning.

The finalized route: https://ridewithgps.com/routes/47140328

There will be a few minutes given to introductions, so if councilors or candidates want to participate but aren't comfortable with a 5 or 6 mile bike ride, you are very welcome to join us at the start and see us off, and stay tuned for more election season events from the Portland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee and Partners!

I hope to see folks on Sunday, or Next Sunday!

~Winston

winston.lumpkins

Jun 30, 2024, 8:43:36 AMJun 30
to Portland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
The weather looks good after all!
I'm going to try and be there a little early, we'll see how that goes!

Bring water, it might get a little hot!
~Winston