Priorities/platform/manifesto '22/23 Meeting

Winston Lumpkins

Aug 14, 2022, 7:11:38 PM8/14/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com
We are having a special meeting on Wednesday, September 7th at 7pm at Congress Square Park.
We'll discuss the PBPAC's priorities for the coming year, which could be included in a letter or pamphlet & distributed to councilors & attendees on the September Council Ride.

This could include things like reinstating the bike ped coordinator, following our plan for Better Sidewalk Snow clearance & Fully implementing our Parking Proposal (written jointly with https://livableportland.me/) to pay for it.  As an aside, I'd love to see a letters tab on our website so that our policy proposals would have a nice shareable home!

We will be gathering feedback at this meeting to inform a platform to vote on in our September meeting, so listserv members who rarely or never come to our monthly zoom meetings would be very, very welcome!

Problems aren't always obvious to those they don't affect, and that includes PBPAC leadership as much as anyone!

If anyone wishes to discuss any priorities in this forum, feel free to chime in- you'll  be taken into account if you do, even if you don't make the meeting!

~Winston

Winston Lumpkins IV (he/him/his)

Vice Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
https://www.portlandbikeped.org/

winston....@gmail.com
207-408-1508

winston.lumpkins

Sep 4, 2022, 6:03:10 PM9/4/22
to Portland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
I made us a Facebook event for this event!
Let me know if there are any typos...

I also emailed the Director of Congress Square park, and there will be string lights up in case it runs past dusk, so that's good news!

https://www.facebook.com/events/774157213861288

John Clark

Sep 7, 2022, 9:02:00 AM9/7/22
to Portland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
Looking forward to a great discussion with you all tonight! I've been doing some work behind the scenes to get our website updated with just about all of our documents from 2022 so that folks can (re)familiarize themselves with what we've done as a committee recently: https://www.portlandbikeped.org/

See you all at 7!

Derek Pelletier

Sep 7, 2022, 1:37:50 PM9/7/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com
I was looking forward to this meeting but am still isolating as I recover from covid.
The city's sub-optimal roll-out of a "new to us" road treatment is still on my mind when thinking about priorities for this group. It's frustrating we had no idea this was coming and weren't able to advise on the design - maybe that would have prevented the errors in its construction. However, I think this is wrapped up in the bike ped coordinator position as someone previously noted in that email thread. If we had a single point of contact at the city for these projects, we'd be in a much better position to advise.
Best,
Derek