PBPAC and Portland Trails at the West End neighborhood Assoc. Meeting, 6:30, 3/8/23

Winston Lumpkins

Mar 7, 2023, 11:20:30 AM3/7/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,
Just want to let you know that tomorrow night, Wednesday March 8th at 6:30 PM I'll be joining Jamie Parker of Portland Trails for a panel discussion about pedestrian Safety & ongoing city projects in the west end, at the West End Neighborhood Assoc's monthly meeting, which will take place in the upstairs Reiche Community Room (Enter on the Clark Street side).  The meeting starts at 6:30, and much like PBPAC, the guests will be at the top of the agenda.

If you're in the west end, it might be worthwhile to drop by.

I'll be giving a brief presentation about PBPAC, which I will keep very brief and just explain that we're an ad-hoc committee committed to promoting safe streets for bicycles, pedestrians & indeed all modes of transport.  Our mission is advocating to the /council, city staff, even the state legislature and holding walk and ride audits to inform the council, city staff, Maine DOT, etc. of neighborhood challenges to bicycle & pedestrian safety, and how neighborhood residents think they should be addressed.

I'll also mention that State & High street may have a chance to be returned to 2 way traffic very soon- though, unfortunately, the S&T committee meeting where we'll learn more about that effort is at the same time, so I won't have any new information.  Fortunately, that meeting will be recorded, so we can learn more soon.

Jaime will give a detailed presentation on Projects Portland Trails is working on in the west end, & then we'll both take questions.

~Winston

Winston Lumpkins IV (he/him/his)

Chair, Portland Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Committee
https://www.portlandbikeped.org/

winston....@gmail.com
207-408-1508

Zack Barowitz

Mar 7, 2023, 11:41:25 AM3/7/23
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. We can make a “hard” offer to do a walk audit.
Zack

917-696-5649
ZacharyBarowitz.com

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and confidential,
and only intended for the addressee. Should you receive this message by
mistake, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Please inform
the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.