Council ride this Sunday, 9/25 at 10 AM

winston.lumpkins

Sep 22, 2022, 11:32:49 PM9/22/22
to Portland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee
There's been some chatter about this ride on the list, and an official save the date, but, just so no one misses it, here all the details!

If you come along & want to pitch in, we could use an a photographer or 2 to make sure there's a group photo, and to take some extra pictures along the way, something I forgot last time!  Anyone who wants to take some notes & contribute to a ride report would be fantastic too!

Our Fall Council ride is a causally paced bike ride with sitting Councilors, those running for office this year, committee members & members of the public who want to come along.

We'll be going on a 6 mile ride around District 3, 5 & 4, starting at the Amanda C. Rowe School & making a 6 mile almost loop from there to Morrill's Corner & then back to the Breakwater school.

Most of the ride, with the exception of Steven's Ave, which has mostly been re-paved with bike lanes, will be on neighborhood streets & through Evergreen Cemetery.

We'll stop to discuss infrastructure & other issues a few times during the ride, at “Ludlow Pond”, a nice pull out on Bishop Street, the Lincoln Middle School & the field behind the breakwater school.

Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1125608304993239

Zack Barowitz

Sep 23, 2022, 5:35:58 AM9/23/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com

These rides are surprisingly fun (as well as informative), I encourage everyone to come out.
Zack

917-696-5649
ZacharyBarowitz.com

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and confidential,
and only intended for the addressee. Should you receive this message by
mistake, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Please inform
the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Derek Pelletier

Sep 25, 2022, 12:54:52 PM9/25/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for organizing the ride, all. It was a nice way to spend a Sunday morning.
Re: the student that was hit on Ludlow on Friday morning, I did get a little more information from my son who is a student at Deering. He knows the kid who was hit and he ended up with a couple of broken bones. Apparently he is generally fine (i.e., no head injuries or anything similarly serious). I don't know any further details about what actually happened and whether the driver was found.
Best,
Derek

Maya Lena

Sep 26, 2022, 11:12:48 PM9/26/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com
I am so sorry for this child and his family. “A couple of broken bones” plus the trauma of being hit by a car will forever be with him and his parents. Who knows what the broken bones are keeping him from participating in with school or sports etc.

I’m so grateful he is alive and not severely injured, but this is a serious event for this person.

Maya