Opportunity to Support Adoption of a Complete Streets Policy for Greater Portland - MARK YOUR CALENDAR!

Zoe Miller

Sep 13, 2022, 3:39:18 PM9/13/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Hi PBPAC Folks,
I am reaching out to make sure you're aware that on Thursday September 22nd, the Policy Board of PACTS (Greater Portland's federally designated Metropolitan Planning Organization) will vote on whether to adopt a regional Complete Streets Policy. The meeting is from 11am-1pm (both in-person and by Zoom) and this will be the first item on the agenda. The agenda and materials will come out on Thursday, but you can review an earlier draft of the policy here beginning on page 75.

Though some municipalities in the region already have policies, a regional policy will provide another level of consideration for the needs of all users in our transportation system. It will ensure that walking, biking, and rolling are factored into funding decisions made by PACTS. It may also support consideration during construction. The region that would be covered by this policy includes: Arundel, Biddeford, Cape Elizabeth, Cumberland, Falmouth, Freeport, Gorham, North Yarmouth, Old Orchard Beach, Portland, Raymond, Saco, Scarborough, South Portland, Standish, Westbrook, Windham, and Yarmouth.

You can have a big impact by voicing your support! Not all PACTS Policy Board members support this and so hearing from stakeholders is really important! Members of the public can have up to three minutes to speak during the meeting -- by Zoom or in-person. You can also submit a written statement or ask someone to read a statement on your behalf. Let's make sure that the voices of people who depend on walking, biking, and rolling are heard!

Please let me know if you plan to speak or submit a statement! I am available to assist with writing, offer you a ride, or find someone to read your statement. And please pass this on! Best, Zoe

Zoe Miller (she/her), MPH
Facilitator, Moving Maine Network
Principal, Zoe Miller Strategies, LLC
207-838-8382
https://www.linkedin.com/in/zoe-miller-53121a56/
Building healthy, equitable communities through
inclusive engagement and collaborative strategies.

Zack Barowitz

Sep 13, 2022, 8:20:32 PM9/13/22
to PB...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Zoe! This is great. I'll definitely submit something at the least and would love to connect on the message. Please keep the reminders coming.
Zack

917-696-5649
ZacharyBarowitz.com

ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and confidential,
and only intended for the addressee. Should you receive this message by
mistake, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or use of this message is strictly prohibited. Please inform
the sender by reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.