PBSpace plugin updates?

Afsheen Nomai

Jun 29, 2022, 12:50:54 PM6/29/22
to PBCore Talk
Hello, we are setting up ArchivesSpace for our repository and I was hoping to use the PBSpace plugin. Unfortunately Lyrasis told me that it is not compatible with the current version of ASpace. Are there any plans to continue to develop this plugin? If not, I'd be interested in starting a group, or doing something, to get it going again.

Rebecca Fraimow

Jun 29, 2022, 4:31:03 PM6/29/22
to pbcor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Afsheen,

Thanks so much for writing in about this! This plugin was originally created by a GBH developer as part of a previous grant to provide more tools for the usage of PBCore, but unfortunately that grant has now ended, and the developer who did this work for us has since taken a new position. As a result, we don't have a concrete timeline for when the plugin may be back up to date. However, we'd really like to start a conversation with Lyrasis to see what kind of support and funding it would take to get the plugin compatible with the new version of ASpace, and the more support we can get to show that there's a demand for the work, the likelier it is that we can make a case for it.

We'd love to hear from anyone else who has interest in this as well -- if you think there's a use case for this at your institution, please let us know!

Best,
Rebecca Fraimow
Digital Preservation Manager, GBH