New to PBcore - Mapping Excel to PbCore

Sylvia Mauro

Aug 11, 2021, 9:48:11 AM8/11/21
to PBCore Talk
Hello,

I am new to PBCore and I would need to know if there is/are any tool(s) to create PBCore xml files by batch from a mapping of data captured in excel.  An institution Dept. will digitize a collection of open reels for us but they are not familiar with PBCore.  Would it be possible for them to imput the information in Excel and then use a software to output such xml files?  What kind of software do vendors use to achieve that?  Unless it is possible with the utility on PBCore.org site?  We can't ask them to manually create hundreds of files.  Our tapes are already catalogued in our database, we really just want to capture the technical metadata that are not documented in our descriptive records and the metadata associated with the deliverables (i.e. access and preservation files)

Thanks,

Sylvia Mauro
AV Archives
Canadian Museum of History